STEPS TO COMPLETE THE FULL Safe Sport Roster and become a FULLY Certified soccer coach:
1. Obtain a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check from Saskatoon Police Services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Request Letter to cover the cost. CRC is valid for 2 years.
2. Complete the Respect in Sport online training. Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders - Getting Started (respectgroupinc.com). Submit both these documents to email@example.com. RIS is valid for 5 years.
3. Complete the free online courses: Making Headway, Rule of Two, Emergency Action Planning and Making Ethical Decisions (links below).
4. Head to Canada Soccer's website to complete the Online portion of the NCCP Certification course(s) applicable to the age group(s) you wish to coach. Submit your invoice(s) to SUSC for reimbursement.
5. Once SUSC has all applicable records above (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org), you will receive a link and FREE REGISTRATION CODE for the ON-Field portion of your NCCP Certification.
|Task or certification to complete prior to first game or practice: |
Abbreviations: HC = Head Coach, AC = Assistant Coach, App/Dev = Apprentice/Developmental Coach, PSL = Provincial Soccer League
|FULL Safe Sport Roster |
Teams in SYSI Local League who
ARE entering tournaments/provincials
& Dedicated Player or Skill Centre Coaches
|Modified Safe Sport Roster |
Teams in SYSI Local League
who are NOT entering tournaments other than U5-U9 FOS/SISCO
|Head Coach |
|Head Coach |
|RAMP registration each season||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Criminal Record with Vulnerable Check uploaded into RAMP||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Respect In Sport online module (every five years) - free||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Gender Rep - one per team at all times||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|CSA's NCCP Coaching Soccer in Canada Online Module||REQUIRED||n/a||REQUIRED||n/a|
|CSA's NCCP Age Appropriate Online Module |
U5 - Active Start - $20 reimbursed by community or zone
U7-U9 - Fundamentals - $20 reimbursed by community or zone
U11-U13 - Learn to Train - $30 reimbursed by community or zone
U15-U19 - Soccer for Life - $30 reimbursed by community or zone
|CSA's NCCP Age Appropriate On-Field Clinic |
U5 - Active Start - free for SYSI coaches hosted by SYSI
U7-U9 - Fundamentals - free for SYSI coaches hosted by SYSI
U11-U13 - Learn to Train - free for SYSI coaches hosted by SYSI
U15-U19 - Soccer for Life - free for SYSI coaches hosted by SYSI
U15-U19 Provincials (6v6/11v11) - Soccer for Life
|NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Online Clinic |
- MED hosted by Coaches Association of Sask - $50 reimbursed by community or zone
- MED hosted by SYSI - free for SYSI coaches
|NCCP Making Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation - free |
complete evaluation online after attending online clinic
|NCCP Making Head Way Concussion Online Module - free||REQUIRED||n/a||recommended||n/a|
|NCCP Understanding the Rule of Two Online Module - free||REQUIRED||n/a||recommended||n/a|
|NCCP Emergency Action Plan Online Module - free||REQUIRED||n/a||recommended||n/a|