DEVELOPMENT, ALLIANCE & CITY LEAGUES
Development Registrants (U7/U9)
- No evaluations are done for Mini players, however SUSC does our best to balance the Mini teams. Focus is fun, development and inclusiveness.
Alliance & City Registrants (U11-U19)
- Alliance Registrants must attend an evaluation to determine league suitability and division alignment.
- City teams will be balanced, to the best of our ability, regardless of attendance at an evaluation event.
- All League Registrants, regardless of league, will be placed with a team and contacted by their coach to receive their schedule and uniform.
- All players will be evaluated by our certified coaches to do their best to ensure all players spend their indoor season in a developmentally appropriate environment.
*Players who register for Alliance League and are determined to be better suited technically and social developmentally to the City League will be transitioned then offered priority spaces in our optional skills training academy. As well, under technical review, there is potential for movement between leagues. Any cost difference will be refunded.
Indoor Season 2022-23
DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE (Players born 2017-2014)
Participants play once a week with one to two practices that players should commit to.
- U7 Development League (2016/2017)
- U9 Development League (2014/2015)
ALLIANCE LEAGUE (Players born 2013-2004)
Generally, the Alliance League is designed for players who have a reasonable grasp of fundamental soccer skills and for those who consider soccer their main sport. The expected level of commitment in this league is that these players prioritize their SUSC Alliance commitments over other outside soccer/sport activities.
Participants play once a week with one-two practices that players should commit to. Players who register in Alliance league must attend an evaluation to see if the Alliance league is the right place for them, technically and social developmentally. In extenuating circumstances, players who cannot attend evaluations must contact SUSC prior to the evaluation date (TBA, early Sept).
- U11 Alliance League, A & B Divisions (2012/2013)
- U13 Alliance League, A & B Divisions (2010/2011)
- U15 Alliance League, A & B Divisions (2008/2009)
- U17 Alliance League, A & B Divisions (2006/2007)
- U19 Alliance League, A & B Divisions (2004/2005)
CITY LEAGUE (Players born 2013-2004)
The City League is designed for players for those who want to maintain a level of flexibility in their commitment to soccer or those who need time to develop, either technically, conceptually, or physically. It is also a suitable program for beginner players over the age of ten, where they can master the fundamentals before moving to a more demanding environment. Players who register for City will be invited to an optional team placement event in September.
Participants in all age groups play 7v7 format, approximately once a week, with a weekly optional practice. Players seeking more development will have the option to attend a skills training academy hosted by SUSC.
- U11 City League (2012/2013)
- U13 City League (2010/2011)
- U15 City League (2008/2009)
- U17 City League (2006/2007)
- U19 City League (2004/2005)