Return to Soccer – Phase 1
Saskatoon United Soccer Club will be following the guidelines as per laid out by our governing bodies and have qualified in meeting those requirements.
As TD my intentions are to focus on the Phases laid out, they are of dynamic nature and can progress at various speeds as we in Saskatchewan monitor our progress with the pandemic that we have and are faced with at this time.
We will start with Ball Mastery type drills utilizing an exciting amount of unique training aids that the club has purchased with qualified technical staff.
When moving into the second phase we will look at the engagement of the player, 1v1 up to 3v3 for example.
Then moving into the final third and fourth phases engagement type drills and small sided games will resume with inter club type tournaments being set up as we have been told that there will be no in Province or out of Province travel for the foreseeable future.
To make it clear there seems to be a myth out there with the philosophy of best with best at all ages , I believe firmly that by mixing players against each other at the younger ages will help them develop the various tools and skills required when playing football, as well as teaching players to have the correct leadership qualities as they progress into that 15 plus age where now the player becomes more serious when requiring a higher level of attention in their development and I will be there to assist all families on what best route to take at that time ,noting there is never just one way to get where the player needs to be , whether it be recreational or competitive streams.
"Remember it’s ALWAYS about the player"
SUSC are a CSA, Quality for Soccer provider that follows our strategic plan and club development model.
Looking forward to seeing you all in an environment that’s safe, fun, learning and cost effective for all, with a staff that will meet and help create those needs.
Let’s keep our Saskatoon club system in a healthy condition by having a football for all philosophy, making sure that all players needs are met irregardless of an individual’s skill level, let’s focus on retention and keep them both male and females in our beautiful game.
Thanks for your attention, keep safe and have fun.
Saskatoon United Soccer Club
"Believe it - Achieve it
With all the recent changes SUSC is excited to welcome back our Under 7 Boys and Girls into our training camp. Please note that for Under 7 each player is required to have a parent with them for each session.
Below are the dates and times:
Location: Newsham Field - Edmonton Ave and 31st Street
Registration link (online only): http://SaskatoonUnited.rampregistrations.com
***Saskatchewan Soccer Association has switched registration providers,and as such we will no longer be using Goalline. ***
All Training Sessions will take place at Newsham Field
**** There have been some changes to the dates. We have removed the Aug 4,5,6th and added July 28,29,30th.
Dates and Times
- Tue, July 7 @ 6-7pm Under 9 Male & Female
- Wed, July 8 @ 6-7pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Thu, July 9 @ 6-7pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
- Tue, July 14 @ 6-7pm Under 9 Male & Female
- Wed, July 15 @ 6-7pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Thu, July 16 @ 6-7pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
- Sat, July 18 @ 10am-11am Under 9 Male & Female
- Sat, July 18 @ 11:30am-12:30pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Sat, July 18 @ 1pm-2pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
- Tue, July 21 @ 6-7pm Under 9 Male & Female
- Wed, July 22 @ 6-7pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Thu, July 23 @ 6-7pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
- Sat July 25 @ 10am-11am Under 9 Male & Female
- Sat July 25 11:30am-12:30pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Sat July 25 1pm-2pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
- Tue, July 28 @ 6-7pm Under 9 Male & Female
- Wed, July 29 @ 6-7pm Under 11 Male & Female
- Thu, July 30 @ 6-7pm Under 13 & 15 Male & Female
*** The dates and times could be subject to change***
Please note the following guidlines
- Children must enter the field by them self No parents allowed inside the gates.
- Please remind your kids that Social distancing will be required.
- Participants should arrive 10 minutes prior to their training time we will asked that they are ready to train once they are allowed to enter the field example Shoes and Shin guards on. All participates must have the following:
- Proper footwear on (running shoes or cleats)
- Proper soccer gear: shin guards, socks, shorts and 2 shirts ( 1 dark and 1 light).
- Plenty of drinking water in a water bottle that’s labelled that has a lid that can be closed. (where mouth spout is covered by lid and not to open air)
- Athletes bring their own soccer ball, SUSC could possibly loan balls to players if they do not have one for financial reasons
- In a zip lock bag please have Hand Sanitizer and/or Sanitizer Wipes (if possible, otherwise a clean cloth to wipe down equipment)
- In a zip lock bag please have Two (2) cotton masks – in case one gets soiled/dirty/compromised (if required for participation)